Palliative Care for patients include:
- Care centered on the patient and family.
- Development of appropriate goals of care.
- Education on disease condition.
- Patient/family communication regarding medical decisions and choices.
- Complex pain and symptom management.
- Consistent follow-up to help reduce crisis situations and hospital admissions.
- Coordination of community support services.
- Coordination of treatment and communication with physician.
- Support availability on a 24 hour basis.
Palliative Care can assist with the following symptoms:
- Pain or Discomfort
- Shortness of breath
- Lack of appetite
- Nausea and/or Vomiting
- Losing control over their life
- Frequent emergency room visits
- Lack of emotional support
- Side effects from treatment